Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Annoyed

OK I am usually not one to rant, but this is one issue that is just bugging the holy crap out of me. I was watching news shows yesterday morning as I was preparing to battle my middle schoolers. They had Miss California USA on TV and Perez Hilton. Everyone has heard of her answer to his question Sunday night. He was berating her for the answer she gave. I mean OMG the words he was saying about her. I mean obviously Perez Hilton is homosexual, so you kinda figure he would be the one to ask a question about the subject. But, why ask a controversial question if you are not going to be open to others opinions? Come on buddy she is not the only one out there in this world with different beliefs than you believe me. Come on down to the ole bible belt... The thing that is totally bugging the crap out of me too is how everyone on the news media is saying how she should have given a "politically correct" answer if she wanted to win. Excuse me, but when is it wrong to answer with the truth these days and still take the crown? This poor girl is being ridiculed, cussed out and who knows what, for giving the answer she believes was right. I mean she could have answered with the typical "I just want world peace" answer. She is my new favorite person for not backing down on what she stands for and standing up for herself.

Oh and when I say I love beauty pageants, let it be known that I HATE the TLC show with the little girls/boys in beauty pageants. Something about putting false teeth and spray tan on a little girl who can barely walk or talk is seriously disturbing. I highly thank ole J-Lo for telling me no when I wanted to be in pageants when I was little. She could have turned us into monsters.

No comments: