Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Christmas 2K8

I just got the go ahead from my mother to start making my list for Santa Claus this year. Yes all 4 of us children are now officially in their 20's and my mother still insists on doing Santa Claus. I do not complain because it is one of our family Christmas traditions that I absolutely adore. Molly and I have always slept in the same bed Christmas Eve (Andy use to join us, but has gotten to old and my dad booted him from the room. Ryan got to help play Santa). We started this tradition as a ploy for "Santa" to come and me keep the little ones from peeking too early. Anyways, one of us would wake the others up and we would all creep and look at our presents and then would try and fall back asleep until daylight. Sadly now that we are all older, it takes my mom beating us out of bed an hour before family comes to open our presents and put them away. We also keep the television on the 24 hour marathon of A Christmas Story. I will be so sad when TBS decides to stop running that on Christmas. I act like I have NEVER seen it and watch it compulsively.
With all that being said, my mom called me today to inform me that I needed to start my Christmas list. She wants to get to buying early (I will be shocked if that happens). My problem you ask???? What are all the 999,999,999 things that I have randomly thought of as "great gifts for Brooke" throughout the past year? Now that it is game time for my list they have all deserted me. I know I need clothes. Duh. But what else?? Give me ideas people! What are the hot items for 2008?

No comments: